The Bugbear is a mass mailing email worm. The worm sends out email with a variety of subject headings and messages. The Bugbear will terminate all antivirus processes.
- Run V-Buster and find out the names of all infected files. V-Buster will list all infected files in vbuster.log
- Startup Windows and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE
- Click on 'Processes'
- Delete all previously detected names of infected files and click on
'End Task' or 'End Process'
- Close the Task Manager
- Open the registry by clicking on 'Start' and typing 'regedit'
- Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
- Delete all listings of previously detected names of infected files
- Run V-Buster and delete all infected files